Once you have completed a document, it is important to PROOFREAD your work before sending it to a printer. Since we are all human and mistakes are bound to happen it’s best to re-read your work before giving it the green light. There have been many times, when errors have been printed and no one noticed until it was too late!
Here are some ways to help you effectively proofread your work:
- Print out your document (if it isn’t too many pages).
- Proofread backwards.
- Read your document at least once out loud.
- Make sure you are not distracted while reading your document.
- Look for grammar and spelling mistakes (your computer will often be helpful).
- Let someone else proofread your document (a fresh set of eyes always helps).
- After your document is complete, before proofreading, take a break and give yourself a reset.
- As you are proofing, place a ruler under each line.
- Double check your facts.
- Lastly, make sure that your message is clear and concise.