Some big changes in vendor status have non-profits and corporations looking for new options. For example, CRW Graphics, a former WBENC Certified business was recently acquired and lost its Diversity Status, which led to some clients losing out on their tax incentives and goodwill that comes along with using a Diversity vendor.
WHY does working with a WBENC Certified company matter?
- In most states, organizations are required to use diversified vendors.
- Tax incentives, especially in the for-profit world can be significant.
- Diversity brings innovation by creating an environment where “outside the box” ideas are heard.
- Promoting that your business engages Diversity vendors creates goodwill in your community and beyond.
- Corporations that focus on Diversity vendors attract top talent and, in the non-profit space, appeal to more volunteers and donors.
WHY engage a WBENC Certified business for your commercial printing:
- Traditionally, the commercial printing industry was predominately male, so creating more opportunities for women to break into the space is important to many organizations.
- While commercial printing jobs, in general, are perceived as a commodity, many WBENC print vendors are service-oriented, providing high-level customer experiences.
- Securing WBENC’s certification is a very detailed process; including an in-depth review of the company and its business practices; which gives them a stamp of approval. Knowing that your commercial printing vendor has been vetted on every level offers peace of mind.